- Recycling must be placed curbside by 6:00 AM of your scheduled day
- Residents must use the Peters Township issued 65-gallon recycling container for recycling services.
- The cost for garbage and recycling collection is $67.00 per Year Quarter (every 3 months). Bills are sent out by Jordan Tax Service via the mail. With any billing questions or concerns, please contact Jordan Tax Service .
Materials Accepted In Your Recycling Cart
Please make sure all recyclable containers are clean and paper/cardboard items are dry.
- Metal: Aluminum cans, bi-metal cans, steel, and tin food cans
- Plastics: Screw-top plastic bottles, jars & jugs (labeled #1 or #2). Plastic caps are allowed if secured tightly to a plastic bottle.
- Plastic Tubs: Acceptable plastic tubs have a snap on lid and hold food such as yogurt, cottage cheese, cream cheese, and butter. The lid and any food must be removed before the container can be recycled. Plastic tubs do NOT include small, single serving packages that have a peel back lid. Plastic take out trays and other plastic food trays are still not accepted.
- Paper: Magazines, advertising inserts, junk mail, phone books, newspaper, envelopes, catalogs, paperback books, and computer paper. Please remove ay metal or plastic spiral binders and plastic covers. No paper envelopes with plastic windows or plastic/bubble wrap lined envelopes.
- Cardboard: Cardboard boxes and sheets of cardboard. You may also use the Cardboard Compactor, located behind Fire Station #1 at 245 E. McMurray Rd.
- Paperboard Boxes: Cereal, dry foods, and tissue boxes. Please remove any plastic film and flatten.
- Paper Towel Rolls
- Pizza Boxes - Please remove paper and any food waste and flatten.
Materials Not Accepted In Your Recycling Cart
- No Glass of Any Kind. Glass bottles and jars can be recycled at the Glass Recycling Container, located behind Fire Station #1 at 245 E. McMurray Rd.
- No #3, #4, #5, $6, or #7 Plastics
- No Plastic Bags of any kind, including blue bags. Plastic bags can be recycled at your nearest Giant Eagle location.
- No Plastic Tubs
- No Berry Containers & No Clam Shell Containers
- No Garbage or Food Waste
- No Shredded Paper
- No Ceramics
- No Styrofoam or Fast Food Wrappers
- No Loose Plastic Caps
- No Metal Lids
- No Aluminum Pie Pans or Aluminum Foil
- No Toilet Paper Rolls
- No Cartons: Milk, Almond/Soy Milk, Cream, & Orange Juice Containers
- No Paper Envelopes with Plastic Windows or Plastic/Bubble Wrap Lined Envelopes
Electronics & Household Hazardous Waste
Electronics and Household Hazardous Waste will be picked up through the Waste Management At Your Door Program at no extra charge.
- Located Behind Fire Station #1 at 245 E. McMurray Road, McMurray, PA 15317
- Open Daily from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Free for Residents & Small Businesses to Use
- Flatten cardboard and insert into slot
- Do Not Push Any Buttons - The compactor will run automatically when full.
Glass Recycling Container
- Located Behind Fire Station #1 at 245 E McMurray Road, McMurray, PA 15317
- Open Daily from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Free for Residents to Use
- No Sorting Required - Clear/Brown/Green Glass Accepted
- Only Glass: No Bags, No Boxes, No Lids
- Make Sure Items Have Been Rinsed out/Cleaned
- Glass Recycling Container Flyer (PDF)
What is My Scheduled Recycling Pickup Day?
For missed garbage or recycling collection, please call the Township Municipal Building at 724-941-4180. Township staff will contact Waste Management to resolve the issue.
- When Waste Management observes a holiday, there is no garbage or recycling service on the holiday itself. In addition, collection is delayed by one day for the remainder of that week.
- The 2021 holidays are listed below.
- New Year's Day - Friday, January 1, 2021 - No delay as holiday occurs on a Friday
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 31, 2021 - All streets delayed by one day
- Independence Day - Sunday, July 4, 2021 - No delay as holiday occurs on a Sunday
- Labor Day - Monday, September 6, 2021 - All streets delayed by one day
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 25, 2021 - Thursday streets delayed by one day
- Christmas Day - Saturday, December 25, 2021 - No delay as holiday occurs on a Saturday
- What is my pickup day?
- Which holidays delay my garbage and recycling collection?
- What time does my garbage/recycling have to be placed out?
- I have larger item to throw away, will Waste Management take it?
- My garbage or recycling cart is broken. What do I do?
- How do I recycle electronics?
- How do I recycle household hazardous waste?
- How do I recycle glass?
- How do I recycle large amounts of cardboard?
- What if I have more garbage than fits in the cart?
- What if I have more recycling than fits in the cart?
- May I exchange my garbage or recycling cart for a different size cart?
- Where do I place my carts on my scheduled pickup day?
- Who owns my garbage and recycling carts?